I can’t Thank God enough! Last day of the first month and I’m so excited to announce that I have been awarded the Liebster Award! This is my first reward that I have received for my blog and hopefully the first of many. I want to say a BIG Thanks to WanderlustCalls for the nomination. Make sure to show her inspirational travel blog some love!
WHAT IS THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
Liebster is the German word for dearest. The award itself started back in 2011 and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The aim of the Liebster Award is to welcome and recognise the work of new bloggers.
1. What is your top goal for your blog in 2017?
Oh woow. There is so much I would like to do with my blog this year, but I think my top goal would be to enjoy the journey and get myself connected with other bloggers because I haven’t done this in the past. I also would also like to collaborate my blog with my YouTube channel which is due to come out soon!
Overall, I hope to expand MyBreakingViews Platform!!
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I think the most favourite thing I enjoy about my blog is how I can now connect with a wider range of other blogs and people.
3. What would you say is your best quality?
Hmmm… this is a difficult one but I would say that my best quality is I am extremely ambitious and I always go the extra mile to do my best!
4. What was your favourite blog post that you wrote?
Hmmm…. this is another tricky one I must admit! I love all my posts! No I am joking!
I would say my most favourite post to date has been “Why let society dictate when you get married?” – have a read!!
This post was about society and cultural pressures in forcing women to get married, but not placing the same pressures of men! It touches on my favourite author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – Love her!
5. How many countries have you visited and which one was your favourite and why?
To date I believe I have visited 32 countries and I would say Singapore is my fave country.
Now I lived in Singapore for half a year (in 2013) on a study exchange programme, in myfinal year of University/College. So, Singapore became my second home, I laughed, cried and got angry in this Lion City. It also is an incredibly clean country due to its strict rules and zero tolerance to littering. I have a mad good friends that I am still in contact with today!
It was an amazing place to visit and live in!
6. What are your top three travel destinations for 2017?
Oh no! Well this year I haven’t got any travel destinations I am taking a step back. I want to do some saving! I highly doubt it will last though I will be most likely travelling to the States – Texas and New York, Peru and Greece!
I am a firm believer of travelling a New Country every year – check out the post!
7. What inspired you start blogging?
I remember reading Abena Kusi blog back in 2013 when I just got back from my travels – still had the “Miss International” name then. It was Abenas blogs believe it or not that inspired me to start a travel blog but because I felt that I should have written the blog when I was travelling it failed miserably!
Then in July 2015 I realised that I wanted to start blogging again properly on politics because I truly believed that young needed to have a platform to express their own political view. However, due to family issues and work commitments I fell of the edge again and didn’t stay on top of my blogging.
Third time lucky! I was encouranged by a good friend to get back into blogging and decided to come back with a BANG! Since then I have opened my platform to blog about everything from politics, my faith to travelling with some aspect of my lifestyle.
8. What was the best thing that happened to you in 2016?
Oh, this is an easy one! My decision to get closer to God and build a serious relationship with him! Because God is so wonderful!
9. What would be your top tip for someone considering starting a blog?
My top tips to start blogging would be to Go for it! It is never too late and always stay consistent!
10. What’s your life motto?
Hmmm… Interesting question my Auntie Lola has said I should have a life motto and end my post with it so here goes:
It’s ok if life knocks you down, it’s just not ok if you stay down!
MY NOMINATIONS ARE:
A personal blog about her journal thoughts, adventures and experiences. Recommended reads: “My Kind of Happiness – 50 Things that make me happy” and “2017: The Best Year Yet”
Well done all! Let’s keep this going!
Your Questions (drum roll please) :
1. What is your blog about and what made you start blogging?
2. What do you find most challenging about blogging?
3. What do you love about your blog?
4. What has been your favourite country visited and why?
5. What political issue needs to be spoken more about? #MyBreakingViews
6. What would you like to achieve with your blog in 2017?
7. Have you ever lived abroad? If so, where? If not, where would you live?
8. Who inspires you the most and why?
9. What is your fave food from your country?
10. Do you have any networking events planned this year?