If you’ve been following my journey, you will know by now that MBV loves a good old brunch. During the lockdown, I made a quarantine brunch and shared the recipe with you all.
I was recently gifted, by Wellness Lab, a Matcha Latte Mix, and what did I do? I decided to make some matcha pancakes! So today I will be sharing with you how to make green matcha pancakes.
What is Matcha?
I would say that Matcha is a finely ground powder some know it as processed green tea leaves. When added to food, it has a real taste of green tea. Matcha is also known, to be consumed, in East Asia.
So how does one make Matcha Green Pancakes! Check out the ingredients and steps below:
Matcha Green Pancakes:
- 130g Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp of Wellness Lab Matcha Latte Mix
- 2 tbsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- 250ml of milk
- 1 egg
- oil (for frying)
Matcha Green Sauce:
- Strawberries (optional)
For the Pancakes:
- Mix the flour, matcha, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Then add in the milk, egg and mix it all until combined and all clumps have disappeared.
- Add a small tbsp of oil into a pan and heat over medium-low heat.
- Add 2 to 3 spoonfuls (I use a ladle and fill half) of batter onto the centre of the pan.
- Cook until small bubbles start to rise to the surface and flip over to the other side.
For the sauce:
- Break the white chocolate into small chunks and leave in a bowl
- Add half the heavy cream to a bowl and microwave them two together until melted.
- Once melted mix together and one tbsp of Wellness Matcha Latte Mix.
Optional: Cut strawberries and add to the pancakes once done!
I hope you do decide to make this and enjoy it because it is tasty. You will feel like you have been transported to East Asia!
Matcha Latte Mix ingredients: Ceremonial Japanese Matcha Green Tea, Peppermint, Maca, Moringa and 1 BILLION CFU of Probiotics!
Please note, this post is in collaboration with Wellness Lab and all views are my own.